Wednesday, August 13, 2008

House Update

Well, we've had some news but I'm not sure if it's good or not. The underwriters have decided that Ernie & I along with our contractor have to meet with an FHA consultant/inspector to go over all of our remodel. Us, along with the inspector, have to go line by line and make the decision as to whether or not we can afford to do the work with the amount of money that we are planning on using. This whole process is getting ridiculous!! If I didn't need a place to live & I mean like 2 years ago, I might be tempted to start looking for something else. Actually, after this meeting the inspector should be able to have his report to underwriting by Monday & then we could close by Friday. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope we can convince the inspector that the work will get done.

No comments: